Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Strawberry Cake with Coconut Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting

Strawberry Cake with Coconut Buttercream Cream Cheese Frosting

One of the Best Cakes I've made, very delicious and pretty like a Red Velvet but made from Strawberry Cake.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the Cake mix. I purchased a Strawberry Cake mix and prepared as directed and put into a 8" Oval Pyrex Casserole instead of a baking pan. I find that this makes for thicker fluffier cakes.

The frosting however is my evil little receipe. I keep modifying it based on what I'm baking and what I have, this time I used:

1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 stick butter, softened
1/2 (1-pound) box confectioners' sugar
1 cup shredded coconut

Blend together with hand mixer on medium for 2-4 minutes or until fluffy. Ice Cake with frosting and then cover the cake in shredded coconut.

Strawberry Cake ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment