Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crazy about Crab

This is a great time of year to be a crab lover. Dungeness Crab season is here and fresh local crab is everywhere. My friend Rosy was craving crab, so we went over to the fish market where we usually purchase our crab. It was on sale, $2.99 a pound. We purchased two big crabs.

I like to have the butcher chop the crab up for me. I'm watching as the crab legs are still moving although the crab has been quartered. They rinse and bag the crabs.

Is it sick that I like to watch them while they do this? I think only when I make that evil laugh while doing it. Muah-hahahaha... crab!

Before I start my garlic lemon crab, I have to roast the garlic. I cut the heads off of 3-4 garlic and drizzle them with olive oil. I wrap them in foil leaving air to release, in the shape of a volcano. Bake at 350, preheats the oven while roasting garlic for the crab and dips later.

Roasted Garlic Lemon Butter Crab. For this particular crab I used the following:

- 1/2 a bottle of white wine
- 1/2 a large Sweet Onion, diced
- 2 small scallions
- 1 bulb of Roasted Garlic, mashed and mixed with
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4-5 lemons and/or limes
- Paprika, lemon pepper, salt
- Oregano or Italian blend of spices

I like to let it "chill out" in the marinade for a bit. Meanwhile, I'm sampling the rest of that white wine bottle.

Pop the whole thing in the oven, at about 350 for like 30 minutes or until done. I never time anything, so I am just giving an approximate.

This is my finished crab, soaking in the juices. The flavor of that crab marinade is really good. You are going to want to use that for the crab and to dip bread.

It's really easy and really good.

xoxo bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment