Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mini Champagne Crab Cakes

When I thought about what I wanted to make for the New Year's Eve Party my friends threw, I could decide between stuffed mushrooms or mini crab cakes. When it came down to it, I decided to make both. Cooking is my passion and food is the most enjoyable when shared with friends.

Mini Champagne Crab Cake Appetizers!!

2 cups of crab meat with onions/some juice from pan
1- 1/2 cups of boiled red potatoes, mashed
1 egg
1/4 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs, like Progresso
or make homemade with bread and a blender (like my other crab cake recipe)
Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, Parsley

Stir everything until thick, add bread crumbs last to balance the moisture, but if they are falling apart add a little more egg. (I try to judge things on the way the look and writing down recipes is new, so I took a picture. :)

So, heat a pan with butter or oil on medium heat. The middle ones will always cook faster with certain pans so it's best to rotate. Spoon each mini crab cake onto the pan with a tablespoon, flipping and rotating, cook until golden.

Once they are done, put on a napkin or parchment paper. Makes about 25 mini crab cakes the size of half dollars.

1 comment: