Sunday, August 14, 2011

Pico De Gallo Fresh Salsa

Pico De Gallo Fresh Salsa

I like to make fresh salsa daily, especially with certain meals. I'm always looking to add a little more to my meals and love cold spicy and fresh salsa. I like it spicy so I will add fresh jalapenos and some spice to the mix. It's these things that make my salsa different every time.

The Basic:
* 2 cups of diced tomatoes
* 1/2 white onion or 3 Green Onions, diced
* 2 limes, juiced
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper

The Extras:
* 2 Teaspoons diced Garlic
* Cayenne Pepper
* Fresh Jalapenos
* Lemon Juice
* Tapatio Hot Sauce

Directions: Simply enough - Dice all items in small pieces. A food processor can be used for the cilantro, jalapeno and garlic. Mix all ingredients. Best if chilled and refrigerated for a few hours before eating so that the items mix well.

Yum! Add this salsa to avocados to make a chunky guacamole. Add sour cream to that to make a smooth and creamy guacamole.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I could eat this stuff straight out of the bowl with a spoon :)

    ReplyDelete