Sunday, December 25, 2011

Homemade Chips and Guacamole

I had some avocados that needed to be used, so I wanted to make an easy guacamole that was simple. I didn't have any chips, so I just made some myself. It's really easy!

The "too easy" Guacamole
3 large avocados, diced
1/2 lemon or lime, squeezed
salt, cayenne and pepper

Everything mushed in a bowl, don't forget to leave the seed in the container. It keeps the guacamole fresher, longer.

The Chips
10-12 Tortillas, any kind you like
Olive oil
Salt (as desired)

Cut the tortillas in six pieces, usually I cut them in half - then 3 triangles. I used corn tortillas, but I can assume that you can get creative. I will try flour and maybe chipotle. ;)

I heat up a pan with a little oil in it. I usually keep the oil in the pan to one side, so I can fry the chips in oil and then move them over to the other side in the pan to let them fry while I start on more. (See pictures below)

Let them cook until they look like fried tortilla chips. Golden with some puffs. I take them from frying to a pyrex with napkins to soak some oil. You may not want to. When they are hot and oily, you can salt them.

mmmm, homemade chips and guacamole.


No comments:

Post a Comment