Friday, December 2, 2011

Jalapeño Poppers

Jalapeno Poppers!

I made these one day when I realized that I bought too many jalapenos. I had some fresh queso fresco and was inspired. Luckily I had two willing taste testers to try out my new yummy recipe.

10-12 Large Jalapenos
1/4 pound Queso Fresco
2 Egss
3 tbsp of Milk
2 cups of bread crumbs (Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs is what I used)

To prepare, cut jalapeno top of, cut down one side and remove seeds
In a small bowl, mix eggs with milk.
Fill a plate with the bread crumbs.

1.) Fill the jalapenos with slivers of cheese, make sure they can close.
2.) Dip them in milk/egg mixture then
3.) Roll in Bread Crumbs
4.) Place in a pan with butter or oil and let fry.

The jalapenos will lose some of the heat, but these are so easy and tasty. I diced them into smaller pieces. I wasn't sure we could eat them all, but we did.

:) Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment